Monday, May 08, 2006

When I got off work this evening around 5:00 pm I went to town to a lecture and slideshow that was interesting. A group of medical students and physicians are riding from San Francisco to Washington DC. They are giving all the proceeds to a organization that provides health care to people living in developing third world areas and making other more aware of how poverty effects them. I thought I knew something about this. However, I didn't realize that aprroximately 50% of the world's population is living on less than a dollar a day. Many of the diseases that kill people there are things that have been wiped out in other areas of the world. It made me realize how much we have to be grateful for and how we need to keep things in perspective and help others. If you would like to get involved or are interested in learning more click here

No comments: