Thursday, May 10, 2007

I don't know what's going on and have been thinking about it off and on and not sure how to handle it. What do you do when someone you know doesn't seem to want to talk anymore and makes excuses not to hang out? I have known the individual for a couple of years and we have been hanging out a couple days a week for months. I don't really need to spend that much time together and more often than not let him decide when he wanted to get together.

I'm making more out of this than I should. I should just call and ask him if he's okay and mention being concerned and if there is anything wrong. I know he will be moving in a few weeks and could be busy packing and getting ready to move. It seemed like he was like this last year about the same time when he was preparing to leave. However, I think he has been spending time with other people he knows here.

I know I'm over analyzing and being insecure :(. I dislike being that way. I have made a couple of efforts to get together and don't want to try anymore. I dislike conflict and try to avoid it even when I know I shouldn't.

I want to find something positive or even humerous about the situation and see it as a learning experience. I think I have learned to be grateful for the people who become part of my life and the valuable lessons I have learned from them. However, these people will come and go and I need to be more accepting of that and be willing to let go and move on. It makes so much sense. I think God takes care of us and knows what we need which is not always what we want.

It seems like I have been very busy and have been spending time with other friends as well as meeting people I don't know. I think right now I'm going to trust him and think of all the things he has done for me in the past but not make any more efforts and leave it up to him to contact me if he wants to. I want to be accountable and responsible for anything I might have done as well. I think for right now I will stay involved with other friends and activities and be patient and trust that things will work out the way they are supposed to and leave it at that.

No comments: