Monday, January 07, 2008

What an evening...I went over to Chris and Megan Hanson's to watch Amelia and Oliva while they went out to dinner. It had been snowing all day and the driveway and roads in neighborhood weren't plowed. I got stuck in driveway and Chris managed to push me out and said he would bring back shovel he left at work when they came back. The evening went well and I enjoyed playing with the girls and the dog Willa. The parents came back around 8:30pm and I was able to get out of driveway. Chris warned me about the conditions on roads.

When I turned on to Skunk Creek I wasn't able to get any traction and my wheels spun even though I was in 4 wheel drive and had downshifted. I decided to backup and go downhill first considering how steep and long the road is. However, when I backed up my vehicle slid into a snow bank. I couldn't have a chosen a better location if I had tried. It looked liked I had parked on the side of road and with the interesection in front of me and a driveway behind me the tow truck would be able to have access.

I walked back to Chris and Megan's and called AAA. I was so embarrassed! I didn't even make it a block! AAA was busy helping other stranded drivers and wouldn't be able to get to me until the next day. Chris drove me back to my place and I gave him my keys and made plans to meet the next day.

Chris called me at 7:30am and said they couldn't even get out of driveway. The tow truck was supposed to arrive at 8:30am and Chris and megan decided to dig my vehicle out for them. The tow truck hadn't arrived at 10:00 am when Chris called and mentioned that plow driver offered to pull my vehicle out and that he and megan would drvive it back to my house after the roads were plowed. I felt somewhat guilty they everyone worked so hard to get my vehicle unstuck and I didn't even have to lift a finger.

It's good to realize how people look out for each other here. It's what I like most about living here. However, if I were to do it all over again I think I would have just accepted an invitation for dinner at friends house that was offered that evening lol :).

No comments: