Monday, September 18, 2006

It snowed approximately 15-18" Wednesday and Thursday. I don't think it has ever snowed this much so soon or at least not when I have been here. I'm looking forward to skiing. I didn't get to go as much as I would have liked last year because of fracture. However, I knew that would most likely happen considering that I bought new skis, bindings and boots :). I'm looking right now at Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, etc. for some Gore Tex pants. I'm considering getting some down pants called the Chugach by Mountain Hardear and layering them with Gore Tex. I spoke with a friend and he mentioned that he is moving back in a few months which means we might get to do some ice climbing. It was good catching up and hearing what he has been up to. Not too much else is going on. We are having a workshop next month on avalanches and forecasting which I'm considering attending.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a lot of snow, I wish we could get some down here.