Thursday, March 22, 2007

I have been volunteering with EMS on my days off and when I was at Station 1 Fire Department we received a page from the emergency room in Telluride requesting a transport for patient to hospital in Montrose. The transport from Telluride to Montrose took approximately and hour and a half. The patient was stable and the paramedic was knowledgable and and went out of his way to explain what he was doing and answer any questions. I monitored patient's vitals and recorded information on PCR and assisted with IV and moving patient. It was good learning experience. When we left Montrose and were driving back we were told they were two more patients waiting to be transported. We took 5-10 minutes to fill oxygen canister and fuel vehicle and replace what we used and then went to TMC. The patients we picked up were stable and I monitored and recorded the vitals and the EMT B I was with had me write the PCR. When we were driving back I was so tired I stretched out in back of ambulance and went to sleep. We got back to town in the evening and replaced everything we used and fueled and washed vehicle.

No comments: