Sunday, January 14, 2007

I didn't think I was going to be doing anything this evening but Mark called and asked if I wanted to go over to Jim and Sarah's for dinner. The evening went very well with good conversation and white wine and a salad and roasted hen for dinner and salmon as an appetizer. There were a few other people there as well and one of the couples brought there six year old daughter. I have heard that even though she is only six years old she is a very good cribbage player and is 5 and 0 right now. She asked me to play cribbage with her while we were waiting for dinner. She beat me both times we played. I can't believe it! It wasn't even close. I even said "look a bear" to make her turn around and I moved my peg closer to hers. I thought I got away with it. However, Mark asked her if I was cheating and I was like "I would never cheat" and acted like my feelings were hurt and she scowled and commented that I was cheating and then laughed at me and we kept playing. What makes it worse is that everyone knows and have been leaving messages on cell reminding me that I'm 0-2. I keep telling everyone that I let her beat me. Not that they accept that excuse.

No comments: