Sunday, July 22, 2007

The bookstore here called Between The Covers is one of the places I like to hang out. It's not very large but has hardwood floors and tall ladders so staff can reach books on upper shelves. There is a bakery and cafe in back with overstuffed charirs and couch where visitors can read and drink coffee.

I read in newspaper that they would be selling the next Harry Potter book and would be open this evening at midnight. When I went back to the house I cooked dinner and then slept for a couple of hours. I was tired but managed to throw on a down jacket with my jeans and drove to bookstore at 11:30pm. The temperature was less than 45 degress and raining but even so there was about 50 people in line. There were teenagers hanging out in groups with round glasses and lighting bolt scars on forehead. A few had scarves from Gryfindor and one boy had a black robe on and was holding a broom. There were quite a few younger children there as well with parents who liked they had just woken up.

When the line started to move I noticed that the staff at bookstore were dressed in costumes as well and they were passing out food from bakery in the shape of stars and moons. It even looked like the bookstore the students at Hogwarts go to for books in Diagon Alley. They had it decorated with ballons and had music playing as well.

I bought a book they had reserved for me and stayed and taked with a few people I knew and of course ate some of the food. I didn't want to leave but couldn't wait to find out what happens and drove back to house and stayed up reading until 5:00am and then

No comments: