Thursday, June 28, 2007

When I went to a meeting for EMS someone I know approached me and asked me if I would be interested in applying for a front desk position at Dr. Homer's family practice. I don't think I would have called them but she suggested they call me and set up an interview so I went. They just called and offered me a position and mentioned they hired someone else to do front desk and decided to bring me on as an EMT. I don't think it occurred to them to hire an additional EMT until interview. However, I have heard they are very busy. I'm looking forward to starting!

It looks like I will be working Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm with the office closing for two hours for lunch. I think we are expected to go skiing during lunch ;).

I think when I get my IV certification the pay will be $18/hr and might include courses for becoming certified to do blood draws, x rays, etc.

I need two years work experience and quite a few hours working with patients for application to PA program to even be considered. I have even considered moving because I didn't think I would be able to meet requirements here. I have heard it's very competitive but even so I feel one step closer to achieving what I want :).

I hope that I meet or exceed the expectations they have of me.

I hope all of you doing well! I look forward to catching up. Take care
.

No comments: